Friday, November 5, 2010

Wedding Bells!

Okay not exactly. We opted to skip the church bells and head for the crashing ocean waves. We decided to get married on the cliffs of Sunset Beach with the reception in our backyard. Our mutual friend Dave was our officiant and did a wonderful job with the ceremony. Our siblings, Megan, Megan, and Robby were our musicians. Erin and Steve, our amazing desert friends, made our cake (and boy was it amazing!) My mom and grandma hemmed the boy's shorts. I made the programs. Kyle's mom and stepmother took care of the rehearsal dinner. And my friend Caleb was our photographer. The weather wasn't the greatest, but San Diego has been quite crazy on the weather front this year. We managed to survive with only a tiny bit of sprinkles at the end of the reception.

Here are some of the select photos from our day. October 16, 2010.
 mmm, I loved the bouquets. I showed her a picture and they turned out exactly how I wanted.
 Marriage collage for Kyle, and a collage of our engagement pics. On the fireplace out back.
 Kyle's stepmom Ann made these amazing cookies for the rehearsal dinner! So awesome!!
 getting all tied in.
 Me and my dad. Walking me down and handing me away. :)
 Dave's sermon
Kiss
Bubbles!
The wedding party. Annie, Missy, Megan, me, kyle, Jackson, Dustin, Dean
Thank you all for celebrating in our day!
So cute!
I had my Chacos re-webbed with white webbing. I've know that this would be my wedding shoe since I met Kyle in 2006. 
 Waves crashing. We had our engagement pictures taken here as well.
 Kyle's stances in every picture make me laugh.
 Jump!
 Lights! The yard was truly amazing. My vision turned out exactly how I wanted it to look. Thank you so much to my college buddies Gabe, Nick and Phil for getting it done and having fun climbing trees in the process.
 Cake! SOOO Delicious! Thank you so much to Erin and Steve for their countless hours of preparation and taste testing to make sure it was perfect. You guys are awesome!
 First Dance. Music by meg, meg, and rob playing "when you say nothing at all" by allison krause.
Thank you Kyle. For putting up with all that goes along with wedding planning. I'm so glad it turned out perfectly and that we joined our lives together on this day. You mean the world to me and I'm so happy to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, my sherpa, my lover. I promise to always give you a good belay, to cheer you on and to catch you when you fall.

Thank you to our families and friends. Guests of the wedding. Thank you to all who have shaped us into who we are today. To those of you who couldn't be there, thank you for your support. We are having a reception back in my hometown next summer for all of my extended family who couldn't make it out. It'll be a joint reception with my sister and her fiance, Danny, who are getting married in April.

5 comments: